to Changsong Liu's homepage.
I now work as a postdoc researcher at UCLA's
Center for Vision, Cognition, Learning, and Autonomy (VCLA).
Previously, I studied and worked in the
Language and Interaction Research (LAIR) Lab at MSU.
My Linkedin page.
I am broadly interested in natural language
processing, human-machine interaction/dialogue and educational uses of
technologies. Two dreams have motivated my interests:
Electronic devices can be easily used by people like my parents (actually, by everyone), in a natural way;
Everyone, especially those in
regions lacking educational resources, can have the equal
opportunity of being well-educated.
My current research focuses on situated human-robot dialogue
(demos: 1, 2).
It provides me a good field to learn how to develop robust and adaptive
dialogue systems in the real world.
My Google Scholar page
- C. Liu, S. Yang, S. Sadiya, N. Shuka, Y. He, S. Zhu, and J. Y. Chai, 2016. Jointly Learning Grounded Task Structures from Language Instruction and Visual Demonstration.
In Proceedings of the 2016 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP, acceptance rate: 26%), 1482-1492. pdf bib poster
- C. Liu, J. Y. Chai, N. Shuka, and S. Zhu, 2016. Task Learning through Visual Demonstration and Situated Dialogue. In Proceedings of AAAI 2016 Workshop on Symbiotic Cognitive Systems, 751-754. pdf bib
- S. Yang, Q. Gao, C. Liu, C. Xiong, S. Zhu and J. Y. Chai, 2016. Grounded Semantic Role Labeling.
In Proceedings of the 15th Annual Conference of the North American
Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL-HLT, acceptance rate: 26%),
149-159. pdf bib
- C. Liu and J. Y. Chai, 2015. Learning to Mediate Perceptual
Differences in Situated Human-Robot Dialogue.
In Proceedings of the 29th National Conference on Artificial
Intelligence (AAAI, acceptance rate: 27%), 2288-2294. pdf
- C. Liu, L. She, R. Fang and J. Y. Chai, 2014. Probabilistic
Labeling for Efficient Referential Grounding based on Collaborative
Discourse. In Proceedings of the
52nd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL Short, acceptance rate: 26%), 13-18. pdf
- J. Y. Chai, L. She, R. Fang, S. Ottarson, C. Littley, C. Liu,
K. Hanson, 2014. Collaborative Effort towards Common Ground in
Situated Human-Robot Dialogue. In Proceedings of the 9th Annual
ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human Robot Interaction (HRI, acceptance rate: 24%),
33-40. pdf bib
- R. Fang, C. Liu, L. She and J. Y. Chai, 2013. Towards Situated
Dialogue: Revisiting Referring Expression Generation.
In Proceedings of the 2013 Conference on Empirical Methods in
Natural Language Processing (EMNLP, acceptance rate: 27%), 392-402. pdf
- C. Liu, R. Fang, L. She and J. Y. Chai, 2013. Modeling
Collaborative Referring for Situated Referential Grounding.
In Proceedings of the 14th Annual Meeting of the Special Interest
Group on Discourse and Dialogue (SIGDIAL), 78-86. pdf
- C. Liu, R. Fang and J. Y. Chai, 2013. Shared Gaze in Situated
Referential Grounding: An Empirical Study. Book chapter in
Eye Gaze in Intelligent User Interfaces . Springer.
- R. Fang, C. Liu and J. Y. Chai, 2012. Integrating Word
Acquisition and Referential Grounding towards Physical World
Interaction. In Proceedings of the
14th International Conference on Multimodal Interfaces (ICMI, acceptance rate: 36%),
109-116. pdf bib
- C. Liu, R. Fang and J. Y. Chai, 2012. Towards Mediating Shared
Perceptual Basis in Situated Dialogue.
In Proceedings of the 13th Annual Meeting of the Special Interest
Group on Discourse and Dialogue (SIGDIAL, Best Paper Nomination), 140-149. pdf
- C. Liu, D. Kay and J. Y. Chai, 2011. Awareness of Partner's
Eye Gaze in Situated Referential Grounding: An Empirical Study. In Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on
Eye Gaze in Intelligent Human Machine Interaction. pdf
C. Liu, J. Walker, and J. Y. Chai, 2010. Ambiguities in Spatial
Language Understanding in Situated Human Robot Dialogue.
AAAI 2010 Fall Symposium on Dialogue with Robots. pdf
Some links that I found useful:
Deep Learning: online textbook, online course
(Python and NLTK are really handy)
list of NLP conferences
In my spare time, I like reading, traveling, and swimming.
I am also a fan of Tai Chi (太极). Check out
Jet Li's website
if you would like to learn more
about this great legacy of ancient China.