CSE thanks volunteers for successful SET dayCSE thanks a committed group of student ambassadors, faculty, alumni, graduate students, and staff for another successful Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) Day at MSU. The 2006 SET annual "open house" provided high school students and their families the opportunity to tour our facilities, visit our research labs, watch or participate in demonstrations, and speak with members of the MSU Computer Science and Engineering community.
SET day highlights included:
· High school students and their families viewed demonstrations in the following research labs:
- Embodied Intelligence (EI) Laboratory
- Media and Entertainment Technologies (MET) Laboratory
- Pattern Recognition and Image Processing (PRIP) Laboratory
· CSE alumni Casey Meekhof (BS ’04) and Shailesh Saini (BS ’04) represented Microsoft Corporation
· Sixty high school students and their families attended information sessions on CSE at MSU
· ACM and MSUWIC supplied information about their organizations
· CSE student Brian Hasselbeck demonstrated the fall 2005 Collaborative Design Boeing team project
Thank you to all the volunteers who shared their passion and enthusiasm for computer science!
View SET day photos at: http://www.cse.msu.edu/gallery
(Date Posted: 2006-03-09)