CPS 360 Textbook
Department of Computer Science
Michigan State University
In writing this "textbook," I have two main goals:
- First, I hope to use the strengths of hypertext
to create a high quality
and potentially superior educational resource.
- Second, I hope my use of an outline format rather than
a traditional prose format presents the material to
the reader more clearly and concisely without any
loss of detail.
Initially, this "textbook" probably will not take full advantage
of the hypertext capabilities of HTML.
That is, it will probably have few hyperlinks as I will focus on content
creation. This will hopefully change over time.
Table of Contents
- Fundamental Skills
- Introduction to Languages
- Finite State Automata
- Regular Expressions
- Nondeterministic Finite State Automata
- Regular Languages
- Problems in Computer Science
- Turing machines
Examples with Questions
- NFA to FA transformation and complete list of
- Regular expression to
NFA transformation and complete list of