CSE 335 Project 1
Part 1: Team Members and Responsibilities:
- Aaron Beckett is responsible for implementing breeding functionality. He will create genders for the fish and give them checks for compatibility and readiness for breeding.
- Files edited:
- Ryan Mcintyre is responsible for the environment. Over time the tank will become dirty and fish will become hungry. Ryan will add functionality to the menu for feeding the fish and cleaning the tank.
- Files edited:
- Ashton Sova is responsible for coding the treasure chest animation and creating the extra graphics needed for the breeding and environment implementations.
- Did not complete the treasure chest animation.
- Edited the special images used to display female fish, interested fish, and hungry fish.
- Use menu to add fish like normal. Angel fish and Sparty fish will randomly be either male or female. Female angel fish have red lips and female sparty fish do not have beards.
- Angel and Sparty fish have different cycles for becoming interested but it is about 30 seconds for each. The Gestation periods are a little longer and result in 1 to 3 babies (randomly determined).
- Interested fish will be wearing sunglasses.
- Pregnant fish will have slightly larger bellies.
- Hungry fish will have a speech bubble with food in it.
- Fish become hungry in 20 seconds and die after 40 seconds of no food.
- Fish cannot be interested if they are hungry. In other words, hunger takes precedence to mating in this aquarium.
- Fish may be fed through the menu Care->Feed.
- The aquarium gets dirtier every 15 seconds.
- Clean the aquarium through the menu Care->Clean.
Part 2: Game Description
Go to File-> New Game to start a new game. The player must manage an aquarium and breed fish.
To win the player must have at least 20 fish in the aquarium. If all fish die, the player loses.
Breeding two fish produces 1, 2, or 3 new fish of the same type.
Fish must be interested to breed. Those fish interested in breeding will be wearing sunglasses.
Fish will not become interested if they are hungry and they will not breed if the aquarium is too dirty.
Hungry fish are indicated by a speech bubble showing food. The player can feed the fish and clean the aquarium from the menu.