Recent Activities and Grants
- Neuro-Symbolic Compositional Generalization for Language and Vision Comprehension and Grounding , Office of Naval Research, Role: PI, 2023-2026.
- Combining Learning and Reasoning for Spatial Language Understanding, NSF CAREER award, 2019-2024, Role: PI.
- A Declarative Learning based Programming Framework for the Integration of Domain Knowledge and Statistical Learning, Office of Naval Research, Role: PI, 2019-2023.
- Natural Language Instruction Following in Realistic Visual Environments, Amazon Faculty Research Award,
Role: PI, 09/01/2022-8/31/2023.
- Clinical Competency in Objective Structured Clinical Examinations Using
Natural Language Processing, National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME), Role: co-PI, PI: Chi Chang, 2023-2024.
- Evaluating Effects of Automatic Feedback Aligned to a Learning Progression to Promote Knowledge-In-Use National Science Foundation, Role: Key personnel, PI: Kevin Haudek, 2022-2026.
- SCH: AI Supported Health Misinformation Management, Trifecta Initiative Facilitating Funds Award, in collaboration with the Department of Media and Information, Role: co-PI, PI: Wei Peng. 2022-2023.
- Integration of Expert Knowledge into Prediction Models for Supply Chain, in collaboration with the Axia institute and the Dow Chemical Company. Role: PI. 2021-2022.
- Peripheral Nerve-on-a-chip for Predictive Preclinical Pharmaceutical Testing, Role: co-Investigator, Tulane University, PI: Micheal Moore, NIH, July 2017-2019.
- COR Faculty International Travel Grant, Tulane university , Summer 2017.
- Faculty Networking Grant, Tulane university, Spring 2017.
- Class Enhancement Grant, Tulane university, Fall 2016.
- Best Reviewer Award, EMNLP-2018. (top 7% reviewer)
- Invited to Rising Stars in EECS: An academic career workshop for women, MIT, Nov 2015.
- Mobility research travel grant, KULeuven, Sep 2013-Sep 2014.
- BOF Postdoctoral mandate grant, KULeuven, LIIR, Sep 2013-Sep2014.
- BOF PhD grant, KULeuven, DTAI/LIIR, Dec 2008-Dec 2012.
- EUSFLAT student grant for 12th conference on information processing and
management of uncertainty in knowledge-based systems, 2008-Malaga,
- Selected researcher computer science department academic staff,
Ilam university, 2006.
- First ranked in BSc in software engineering at Isfahan University,
- First ranked in computer Olympiad, provincial level, Ilam
province, Iran, 1994.
- Distinguished student, diploma in mathematics and physics, High