General Information, Summer 2020
Storage of and access to physical databases including indexing, hashing, and range accesses. Relational data models, database design principles, query languages, query optimization, transaction processing and recovery techniques. Object-oriented and distributed databases.
Instructors and Office Hours
- Instructor: Dr. Joshua Nahum
- Instructor's Office: 3504 Engineering Building
- TAs: Ali Tehrani, Shashank Mohan and Xinyu Lei
- Helproom Hours on Zoom (https://msu.zoom.us/j/790754095):
As much of helproom will be done in Zoom Breakrooms,
the TA may be in a private breakroom with another student when you join.
Please wait and/or post a message to the chat while the TA is helping others.
Helproom will begin on 2020-05-13
- Sunday: 4-6pm (Lei and Mohan)
- Monday: 9:30-11:30am (Mohan) and 7-9pm (Tehrani and Nahum)
- Tuesday: noon-2pm (Mohan) and 4-6pm (Tehrani)
- Wednesday: 9:30-11:30am (Mohan) and 4-6pm (Tehrani)
- Thursday: 9:30-11:30am (Lei) and 7-9pm (Tehrani and Nahum)
- Friday: 4-6pm (Lei)
- Saturday: 4-6pm (Lei)
Note: All written communication should be directed though Piazza.
You can send private messages or public posts depending on your preference.
Emails may not be responded to.
- Sunday: Tehrani and Lei
- Monday: Lei and Nahum
- Tuesday: Mohan and Tehrani
- Wednesday: Mohan and Lei
- Thursday: Tehrani and Nahum
- Friday: Mohan and Tehrani
- Saturday: Lei and Mohan
is also available. The grading breakdown, course policies, and expectations are described within.
contains links to the lecture slides, lab exercises, and other class materials. All due dates can be found within.