- Anil Jain named a fellow of the National Academy of Inventors [MSU Today], December 21, 2015.
- Face Search at Scale and FaceSketchID systems featured on Michigan Radio, December 7, 2015.
- Tattoo-ID system featured on USA Today, December 2, 2015.
- Large scale face search technology licensed to NEC Corp. America [MSU Today], December 1, 2015.
- Anil Jain featured as a Spartan Crime Fighter on MSU Today, November 1, 2015.
- Research investigating fingeprint matching accuracy over time featured in Evidence Technology Magazine, September-October 2015.
- Anil Jain quoted in IEEE Spectrum (FBI wants better automated analysis for tattoos), August 19, 2015.
- Anil Jain interviewed by Charles Severance about the evolution of the biometric recognition field for IEEE Computer, July 22, 2015.
- Anil Jain quoted in CBS News (FBI using facial recognition despite privacy concerns), July 6, 2015.
- Article discussing the role of biometrics in forensic science featured on planetbiometrics.com, June 29, 2015.
- Research investigating persistence of fingerprint recognition accuracy over time featured on MSU Today, June 29, 2015.
- Former student honors Anil Jain with endowed fund, June 1, 2015 [MSU Today].
- Anil Jain quoted in CBS Minnesota (Good Question: How Does Facial Recognition Technology Work?), May 14, 2015.
- Anil Jain quoted in The Big Story - Associated Press (Can't remember your password? Here are 2 new ways to log in), March 20, 2015.
- PRIP lab research featured on MSU iCER Research Highlights, March 16, 2015.
- Research on using fingerprints to track vaccination schedules of infants and toddlers featured on WILX.com, February 13, 2015, Fox 47 News, February 14, 2015.
- Anil Jain quoted in TheIndyChannel.com, February 9, 2015, 23abc, February 9 2015, wptv.com, February 9, 2015, wkbw.com, February 9, 2015, Naples Daily News, February 9, 2015, kshb.com, February 9, 2015, TheDenverChannel.com, February 9, 2015 (False convictions leave communities to deal with the consequences).
- Anil K. Jain interviewed about the use of technology in solving the Paris shootings on Bloomberg TV, January 7, 2015.
- PRIP lab research featured on BTN Live, December 2, 2014.
- The FaceSketchID system featured on MSU Today, November 11, 2014.
- Anil K. Jain interviewed about identifying the executioner of American journalist James Foley on Bloomberg TV, August 22, 2014.
- Fingerprint based recognition technology to track vaccination schedules of infants and toddlers in developing countries featured on Voice of America, October 22, 2014, planetbiometrics.com, October 6, 2014, Health IT Outcomes, October 6, 2014, TuftScope, October 3, 2014, growingyourbaby.com, October 1, 2014, Science World Report, September 30, 2014, FierceHealthIT, September 29, 2014, Business Standard, September 28, 2014, Zee News India, September 28, 2014, delhidailynews.com, September 28, 2014, inquisitr.com, September 28, 2014, publichealthwatch, September 27, 2014, Science Daily, September 27, 2014, 1776dc.com, September 23, 2014, ACM TechNews, September 8, 2014, Kompasiana, September 6, 2014, MIT Technology Review, September 4, 2014, eHealth News Africa, September 2, 2014, Africa HealthCare IT News, August 25, 2014, techmoran.com, August 21, 2014, biometricupdate.com, August 21, 2014, futurity.org, August 20, 2014, Dick Jones Communications, August 19, 2014, MSU Today, August 19, 2014.
- Anil K. Jain appointed a member of the first Forensic Science Standards Board by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Department of Justice (DOJ), June 26, 2014 [MSU Today].
- Technology to create wearable 3D fingerprint artifacts featured on Fox 47 News, May 6, 2014.
- Soweon Yoon named CSE outstanding graduate student, April 28, 2014.
- Anil K. Jain awarded the 2014 Innovator of the Year by the MSU Innovation Center, April 16, 2014.
- Anil K. Jain quoted in MarketWatch (Is the end of Social Security numbers at hand? The search for more secure alternatives, including biometrics), April 9, 2014.
- Technology to create 3D fingerprint phantoms featured in The State News, March 18 2014, 3dprinterworld.com, March 18, 2014, whiteclouds.com, March 18, 2014, 3dprinting.com, March 13, 2014, engineering.com, March 13, 2014, 3dprinter.net, March 13, 2014, 3dprintingindustry.com, March 12, 2014, 3ders.org, March 8, 2014, domain-B, March 8, 2014, International Business Times, March 8, 2014, Deccan Chronicle, March 8, 2014, The Financial Express, March 8, 2014, Jagran Josh, March 7, 2014, AOL, March 7, 2014, Indiatimes, March 6, 2014, The Times of India, March 6, 2014, FirstPost, March 6, 2014, IEEE Spectrum, March 6, 2014, CrazyEngineers, March 6, 2014, Computer Business Review, March 6, 2014, The Hindu Business Line, March 6, 2014, SiliconIndia.com, March 6, 2014, NDTV Gadgets, March 6, 2014, Gulf Today, March 6, 2014, India Today, March 6, 2014, IANS, March 6, 2014, India.com, March 6, 2014, Fox47 News, March 5, 2014, The American Bazaar, March 5, 2014, MSU Today, March 4, 2014.
- Anil K. Jain quoted in Popular Science (The End of Anonymity), January 15, 2014.
- Anil K. Jain interviewed about emerging biometric technologies in the consumer mainstream by the New York Times, December 28, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain's research has been widely recognized in the fields of pattern recognition and biometrics (more than 100,000 citations). [Google Scholar], [H-index]
- Soweon Yoon interviewed about palmprint matching [link], October 24, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain interviewed about the Biometric Optical Surveillance System (BOSS), a crowd scanning project by the Department of Homeland Security by the New York Times, Ars Technica and CBS Minnesota Radio [audio], August 21, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain interviewed about the development of a new biometric voting system for Tanzania by iSGTW magazine, July 17, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain's research featured in Homeland Security News Wire, May 28, 2013, Phys.org, Science Daily and MSU Today, May 24, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain interviewed in BYU Radio, April 29, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain featured in NOVA [htm], April 26, 2013, Mercury News [htm], April 19, 2013, and MIT Technology Review [htm], April 18, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain featured in WAMU Kojo Nnamdi Show, April 23, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain featured in KQED (The Forensics of Finding a Bomber), April 18, 2013. audio
- Interview video for APSIPA (Asia Pacific Signal & Image Processing Association) Social Net, Dec. 2012. Youtube Youku
- Tattoo Recognition system featured in Government Technology, Nov. 6, 2012.
- Anil K. Jain's research featured in Morpho News (Biometrics: the Expertise of Michigan State University), May 2, 2012.
- Anil K. Jain quoted in The Economic Times, (UIDAI: Banking on Biometrics to Give you a Unique Identity), April 26, 2012.
- Anil K. Jain featured in Forbes India, (18 Indian Minds Who Are Doing Cutting Edge Work), March 3, 2012.
- Graffiti matching system featured in Popular Science, Nov. 18, 2011, and NewScientist.com, Nov. 17, 2011.
- Technology to Detect Altered Fingerprints featured in Voice of America, Jan. 27, 2012 (audio), The Times of India, Sept. 22, 2011, Engineering News, Sept. 16, 2011, Homeland Security Newswire, Sept. 13, 2011, Channel 10 [website] and [video file], Sept. 12, 2011, State News, Sept. 12, 2011, Chicago Tribune, Sept. 11, 2011, chron.com, Sept. 11, 2011, thetimesherald.com, Sept. 11, 2011, MSU News, Sept. 09, 2011.
- Technology to Match Forensic Sketches to Mugshots featured in The Institute, 2012, Channel 10, May 19, 2011, Channel 4 - Detroit, May 2011, State News, April 15, 2011, SmartPlanet.com, March 17, 2011, Lansing State Journal, March 14, 2011, MSU News, March 03, 2011.
- PRIP lab research featured in CNN, May 4, 2011.
- Tattoo Detective, Wired Magazine, pp. 48, Dec. 2010.
- Report on Biometrics from National Academies, Sept. 24, 2010.
- Anil K. Jain quoted in sfweekly.com, July 14, 2010, cnn.com, July 9, 2010, cnn.com, March 15, 2010.
- Interview on amlansing.com, January 26, 2010.
- Tattoo-ID system featured in The State News, Lansing State Journal, Research Currents-Fall 2008, College of Engineering, MSU, www.morphotrak.com, MSU News, Freep.com, Chicagotribune.com, wwj.com, msutoday.com, spacewar.com, wtopnews.com, redorbit.com, medicalnewstoday.com, thirdfactor.com, forensicmag.com, ABC Channel 12, on Feb 4, 2010.
- A. K. Jain and S. Pankanti, "Beyond Fingerprinting", Scientific American, Sept. 2008, featured in CSI:Miami episode 7-20: Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing. The lab technician / crime scene investigator character is reading "Beyond Fingerprinting". The camera focuses on the article between 17:18 and 17:33 time slots (clip)
- Interview on Spartan Podcast, April 9, 2008.
Best Paper Awards
- BTAS 2012: Sunpreet Arora received the Best Poster Award for his paper "On Iris Camera Interoperability" (by S. Arora, M. Vatsa, R. Singh, and Anil K. Jain) [pdf]
- ICB 2012: Soweon Yoon received the IAPR Best Biometric Student Paper Award for her paper "On Matching Altered Fingerprints" (by S. Yoon, Q. Zhao, and A. K. Jain) [pdf]
- IJCB 2011: Soweon Yoon received the IAPR Best Biometric Student Paper Award for her paper "Latent Fingerprint Enhancement via Robust Orientation Field Estimation" (by S. Yoon, J. Feng, and A. K. Jain) [pdf] [picture]
- IEEE SPS 2011: Karthik Nandakumar received the IEEE Signal Processing Society Young Author Best Paper Award for 2010 for his paper, "Fingerprint-based Fuzzy Vault: Implementation and Performance" (by K. Nandakumar, A. K. Jain, and S. Pankanti) [pdf]
- BTAS 2010: Brendan Klare received the The Honeywell Best Student Paper Award for his paper "On a Taxonomy of Facial Features" (by B. Klare and A. K. Jain) [pdf]
- SIBGRAPI 2010: Alessandra A. Paulino received the Best Student Paper Award for her paper "Latent Fingerprint Matching: Fusion of Manually Marked and Derived Minutiae" (by A. A. Paulino, A. K. Jain, and J. Feng) [pdf]
- ICPR 2010: Kien Nguyen received the IBM Best Student Paper Award for his paper in Track VI "Automated Gland Segmentation and Classification for Gleason Grading of Prostate Tissue Images" (by K. Nguyen, A. K. Jain, and R. Allen) [pdf]
- ICPR 2010: Y-B. Lee, U. Park, and A. K. Jain received the Best Scientific Paper Award for their paper in Track II "PILL-ID: Matching and Retrieval of Drug Pill Imprint Images" [pdf]
- BTAS 2009: K. Nandakumar, A. Ross, and A. K. Jain received the Poster Paper Award for "Biometric Fusion: Does Modeling Correlation Really Matter?" [pdf]
- ICB 2009: Yi Chen received the Accenture Best Paper Award for her paper "Beyond Minutiae: A Fingerprint Individuality Model with Pattern, Ridge and Pore Features" (by Y. Chen and A. K. Jain) [pdf]
- BCC 2008: Jung-Eun Lee received the Best Paper Award for "Scars, Marks and Tattoos (SMT): Soft Biometric for Suspect and Victim Identification" (by J.-E. Lee, A. K. Jain, and R. Jin) [pdf]
- ICPR 2008: Abhishek Nagar received the Best Scientific Paper Award for his paper "Securing Fingerprint Template: Fuzzy Vault with Minutiae Descriptors" (by A. Nagar, K. Nandakumar, and A. K. Jain) [pdf]
- PCM 2007: A. K. Jain, J. Lee, and R. Jin, " Tattoo-ID: Automatic Tattoo Image Retrieval for Suspect & Victim Identification" [pdf]
- BYSM 2007: Y. Chen and A. K. Jain received The Lockheed-Martin Corporation Best Paper Awards for their paper "Dots And Incipients: Extended Features for Partial Fingerprint Matching" [pdf]
- ICB 2006: J. Fierrez-Aguilar, Y. Chen, J. Ortega-Garcia, and A. K. Jain received the Motorola Best Student Paper Award for the paper " Incorporating image quality in multi-algorithm fingerprint verification" [pdf]
- Pattern Recognition 2005: A. K. Jain, K. Nandakumar, and A. Ross received the Best Paper Award for their paper " Score Normalization in Multimodal Biometric Systems" [pdf]
- AVBPA 2005: Umut Uludag received the Best Student Paper Award sponsored by Identix Incorporated for the paper "Fuzzy Vault for Fingerprints" (by U. Uludag, S. Pankanti, and A. K. Jain) [pdf]