- Anil K. Jain interviewed in BYU Radio, April 29th, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain's research featured in Lansing State Journal April 28th and April 27th, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain featured in NOVA [htm], April 26th, 2013, Mercury News [htm], April 19th, 2013, and MIT Technology Review [htm], April 18th, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain featured in WAMU Kojo Nnamdi Show, April 23rd, 2013.
- Anil K. Jain featured in KQED (The Forensics of Finding a Bomber), April 18th, 2013. audio
- Interview video for APSIPA (Asia Pacific Signal & Image Processing Association) Social Net, Dec. 2012. Youtube Youku
- Tattoo Recognition system featured in Government Technology, Nov. 6, 2012.
- Anil K. Jain's research featured in Morpho News (Biometrics: the Expertise of Michigan State University), May 2, 2012.
- Anil K. Jain quoted in The Economic Times, (UIDAI: Banking on Biometrics to Give you a Unique Identity), April 26, 2012.
- Anil K. Jain featured in Forbes India, (18 Indian Minds Who Are Doing Cutting Edge Work), March 3, 2012.
- Graffiti matching system featured in Popular Science, Nov. 18, 2011, and NewScientist.com, Nov. 17, 2011.
- Technology to Detect Altered Fingerprints featured in Voice of America, Jan. 27, 2012 (audio), The Times of India, Sept. 22, 2011, Engineering News, Sept. 16, 2011, Homeland Security Newswire, Sept. 13, 2011, Channel 10 [website] and [video file], Sept. 12, 2011, State News, Sept. 12, 2011, Chicago Tribune, Sept. 11, 2011, chron.com, Sept. 11, 2011, thetimesherald.com, Sept. 11, 2011, MSU News, Sept. 09, 2011.
- Technology to Match Forensic Sketches to Mugshots featured in The Institute, 2012, Channel 10, May 19, 2011, Channel 4 - Detroit, May 2011, State News, April 15, 2011, SmartPlanet.com, March 17, 2011, Lansing State Journal, March 14, 2011, MSU News, March 03, 2011.
- PRIP lab research featured in CNN, May 4, 2011.
- Tattoo Detective, Wired Magazine, pp. 48, Dec. 2010.
- Report on Biometrics from National Academies, Sept. 24, 2010.
- Anil K. Jain quoted in sfweekly.com, July 14, 2010, cnn.com, July 9, 2010, cnn.com, March 15, 2010.
- Interview on amlansing.com, January 26, 2010.
- Tattoo-ID system featured in The State News, Lansing State Journal, Research Currents-Fall 2008, College of Engineering, MSU, www.morphotrak.com, MSU News, Freep.com, Chicagotribune.com, wwj.com, msutoday.com, spacewar.com, wtopnews.com, redorbit.com, medicalnewstoday.com, thirdfactor.com, forensicmag.com, ABC Channel 12, on Feb 4, 2010.
- A. K. Jain and S. Pankanti, "Beyond Fingerprinting", Scientific American, Sept. 2008, featured in CSI:Miami episode 7-20: Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing. The lab technician / crime scene investigator character is reading "Beyond Fingerprinting". The camera focuses on the article between 17:18 and 17:33 time slots (clip)
- Interview on Spartan Podcast, April 9, 2008.
Best Paper Awards
- BTAS 2012: Sunpreet Arora received the Best Poster Award for his paper "On Iris Camera Interoperability" (by S. Arora, M. Vatsa, R. Singh, and Anil K. Jain) [pdf]
- ICB 2012: Soweon Yoon received the IAPR Best Biometric Student Paper Award for her paper "On Matching Altered Fingerprints" (by S. Yoon, Q. Zhao, and A. K. Jain) [pdf]
- IJCB 2011: Soweon Yoon received the IAPR Best Biometric Student Paper Award for her paper "Latent Fingerprint Enhancement via Robust Orientation Field Estimation" (by S. Yoon, J. Feng, and A. K. Jain) [pdf] [picture]
- IEEE SPS 2011: Karthik Nandakumar received the IEEE Signal Processing Society Young Author Best Paper Award for 2010 for his paper, "Fingerprint-based Fuzzy Vault: Implementation and Performance" (by K. Nandakumar, A. K. Jain, and S. Pankanti) [pdf]
- BTAS 2010: Brendan Klare received the The Honeywell Best Student Paper Award for his paper "On a Taxonomy of Facial Features" (by B. Klare and A. K. Jain) [pdf]
- SIBGRAPI 2010: Alessandra A. Paulino received the Best Student Paper Award for her paper "Latent Fingerprint Matching: Fusion of Manually Marked and Derived Minutiae" (by A. A. Paulino, A. K. Jain, and J. Feng) [pdf]
- ICPR 2010: Kien Nguyen received the IBM Best Student Paper Award for his paper in Track VI "Automated Gland Segmentation and Classification for Gleason Grading of Prostate Tissue Images" (by K. Nguyen, A. K. Jain, and R. Allen) [pdf]
- ICPR 2010: Y-B. Lee, U. Park, and A. K. Jain received the Best Scientific Paper Award for their paper in Track II "PILL-ID: Matching and Retrieval of Drug Pill Imprint Images" [pdf]
- BTAS 2009: K. Nandakumar, A. Ross, and A. K. Jain received the Poster Paper Award for "Biometric Fusion: Does Modeling Correlation Really Matter?" [pdf]
- ICB 2009: Yi Chen received the Accenture Best Paper Award for her paper "Beyond Minutiae: A Fingerprint Individuality Model with Pattern, Ridge and Pore Features" (by Y. Chen and A. K. Jain) [pdf]
- BCC 2008: Jung-Eun Lee received the Best Paper Award for "Scars, Marks and Tattoos (SMT): Soft Biometric for Suspect and Victim Identification" (by J.-E. Lee, A. K. Jain, and R. Jin) [pdf]
- ICPR 2008: Abhishek Nagar received the Best Scientific Paper Award for his paper "Securing Fingerprint Template: Fuzzy Vault with Minutiae Descriptors" (by A. Nagar, K. Nandakumar, and A. K. Jain) [pdf]
- PCM 2007: A. K. Jain, J. Lee, and R. Jin, " Tattoo-ID: Automatic Tattoo Image Retrieval for Suspect & Victim Identification" [pdf]
- BYSM 2007: Y. Chen and A. K. Jain received The Lockheed-Martin Corporation Best Paper Awards for their paper "Dots And Incipients: Extended Features for Partial Fingerprint Matching" [pdf]
- ICB 2006: J. Fierrez-Aguilar, Y. Chen, J. Ortega-Garcia, and A. K. Jain received the Motorola Best Student Paper Award for the paper " Incorporating image quality in multi-algorithm fingerprint verification" [pdf]
- Pattern Recognition 2005: A. K. Jain, K. Nandakumar, and A. Ross received the Best Paper Award for their paper " Score Normalization in Multimodal Biometric Systems" [pdf]
- AVBPA 2005: Umut Uludag received the Best Student Paper Award sponsored by Identix Incorporated for the paper "Fuzzy Vault for Fingerprints" (by U. Uludag, S. Pankanti, and A. K. Jain) [pdf]