CSE Email System
Connect through the web at webmail.cse.msu.edu
Who has an email account:
CSE accounts are setup with a .forward file that forwards to your @msu.edu email. This was done to make it easier for CSE students to maintain 1 inbox. If you would like to use CSE email, simply remove the .forward file.
What do I get with CSE email:
CSE email has great features.
- It is very fast.
- No quotas specified.
- Spam prevention with spamassassin.
- Procmail server side filtering (Yes, we said server side filtering)
- SSL IMAP and SSL SMTP ensure fully encrypted transmissions.
Enough on the sales pitch, tell me what to do:
- Log into your Account settings to remove any email forwarding
- Web Email - Quick and easy access to read your email
- IMAP Settings - Thunderbird and Outlook
- Server side filtering with Procmail (not for beginners)
- Training anti-spam
- Your email is located under /user/mail/<username> on any CSE system
- Log into your Account settings to create a vacation message.