X2Go Linux remote desktop
For remotely accessing a Linux graphical environment, we provide an X2Go server and have installed clients in our Windows lab computers.
NOTE: Be sure to properly terminate your session after you are finished using it.
NOTE: Users who want to use X2Go from home can install the X2Go client and configure their session as described below.
- On your first run of X2Go, the New Session dialog should appear. Configure your session as follows:
- Host: xserver2.cse.msu.edu
- Login: your NetID
- Session type: MATE
Alternate servers: xserver.cse.msu.edu, arctic.cse.msu.edu, black.cse.msu.edu
- Press OK to save the session.
- The session will appear as a grey box in the right sidebar of the application. Click once on that box.
- Type in your password and hit Enter.
- You should see a new window open, which will eventually show a Linux desktop.
- Be sure to terminate your session properly once you are finished.