First Login Procedure
Default Account Information:
CSE accounts are setup with the same username as your MSU NetID (portion before the @msu.edu of your email address). Password is your student PID, starting with a capital A. Employees with a Z-PID will have their password start with a capital Z.
Every CSE student needs to complete the first login process. This consists of changing your password to something more secure along with accepting the CSE Acceptable Use Policy.
Since new accounts use student PID for password, accounts are vulnerable until this process is completed. At any point you may receive an email reminding you of this.
- In the Windows Lab, login to the CSE domain. Cltr-Alt-Delete and choose Change Password.
- You must use the web to accept the AUP. A web browser should open and prompt for approval.
the Linux Lab (Bob and Simpsons), login with any window manager.
command line to arctic.cse.msu.edu. You will be prompted for the
- Once connected, you will be prompted to accept the AUP and change your password
From the Web:
- If you log into Windows, you will be prompted to this same page.
- This utility will allow you to change your password, review/accept the AUP, modify forward addresses, view account information.
- Account management page