The Computer Science and Engineering Horizon Endowed Fund
|Tributes to faculty||How to make a gift
||Unveiling the Horizon Fund|
The MSU Department of Computer Science and Engineering is building on a tradition of innovation. We are working to solve problems that impact the quality of life in the modern world.
For over forty years, our faculty have inspired generations. Our students have gone on to face the challenges of a changing world and work towards a better future.
The Horizon Fund will help create new horizons for MSU in computer science education, research, and service.
Fund expendatures will help CSE to:
- continue to recruit world-class students.
- obtain state-of the-art equipment for innovative educational projects.
- enable pursuit of high reward and high risk startup ventures in undergraduate education.
Honor people who inspired you
Honor a special CSE faculty, staff, alumnus, or alumna. When individuals contribute to the fund, they will have the opportunity to provide a tribute.
Please visit the Horizon Fund Tributes Web page, where Horizon Fund contributors have recognized individuals that made a difference in their lives.
Small donations have a big impact
Young (or all) alumni can target their contributions to the Horizon Fund.
Permanent financial resource for CSE
The Horizon Fund is an endowed fund that will generate expendable income on an ongoing basis. Endowments provide a steady, dependable source of income. Only the interest earned is spent each year.
- Dr. Harry Hedges, professor emeritus and former department chair
- Dr. John Forsyth, associate professor emeritus and former acting department chair
- Dr. Jim Burnett, emeritus faculty
- Dr. Hans Lee, associate professor emeritus
- Dr. Harold Grossman, former faculty
Horizon Fund Unveiling
Kevin J. Ohl's remarks at the Horizon Fund unveiling on October 3, 2008. [PDF]